The candidate will play a pivotal role in managing the actual vs. planned adherence of routes by making use of tracking software, pro-active communication to customers in terms of expected delivery times, resolving customer queries and driver interaction.
|KPA’s:||FREQUENCY / MEASUREMENT|
|· Route adherence management.||· Daily|
|· Liaison to stores.||· Daily|
|· Handling delivery queries.||· Daily|
|· Providing assistance to drivers.||· Daily|
|· Vehicle event acknowledgement and reporting.||· Daily /Weekly / Monthly|
|· Vehicle abuse management.||· Daily|
|· Liaise with the planning team in order to identify and improve planning.||· Daily|
- The focus of this job is on achieving results that will create hard and soft benefits for the customer. Daily functions are initially for the most part repetitive, but new and creative ways should always be sought out in order to achieve additional benefits.
- Self-assurance and the confidence to purposely drive towards results while constantly problem-solving and engaging the commitment of others is essential. The emphasis on building rapport and relationships with individuals, clients and groups requires an outgoing, poised and persuasive communication style.
- While the job requires the ability to act independently, a sense of urgency and the confidence to handle challenges, a full commitment to the success of the business and high standards of achievement are expected in this position. The emphasis is on results, and effective systems that achieve results through and with people.
The job environment is mostly constant, but it is expected of individuals to always challenge the norm.
Supply Chain A clear understanding of the Supply Chain either through study or experience.
Communication Clear and definite communication ability with regards to clients, drivers and superiors (written and verbal).
Computer Literacy An intermediate knowledge of Excel, Word.
People Skills Ability to communicate and understand people.
Coping with stress Ability to function at optimal levels in stressful environments.
· As this is an entry level position either one of the following is required: 1 year experience within the distribution industry or a degree within Engineering or Logistics.
· Exposure and intermediate understanding of Microsoft and relevant programs.
- Minimum Road Transport Diploma or Logistics B.com or similar qualification.
- Certain degree of problem solving required.
- Organised individual, work within specific boundaries
- Medium paced environment
- Understanding business processes & development solutions
- Results focus
- Idea generation, innovative and creative problem solving
- Rapport and relationship building focused on achieving results
- Attention to detail
Providing customers with a friendly and professional update of delivery statuses.
- Problem solving orientation
- Collaborative decision-making
Well thought out & planned decision making.
DELEGATION AND LEADERSHIP STYLE
· Individual with a strong personality and that is a team player.
· Working within a team focused on specific results
- Extroverted, confident, enthusiastic, persuasive
- Influences, stimulates others to action
- Clear & defined communication both internally & externally
Collaboration focused on results