To plan and track routes through the use of market leading planning and route adherence software. To update Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) and produce various reports in regard to routing and adherence. To assist in strategic optimization including fleet mix, service day, master route optimization and network modelling exercises.
|KPA’s:||FREQUENCY / MEASUREMENT|
|To optimally plan on and maintain the system through daily feedback, location of new customers and NDD’s.||Daily: These will be reviewed by the consultant when the weekly site audit is done.|
|Produce daily reports using the software on actual route information.||Daily: Shift report to be forwarded to the consultant and contract manager.|
|Produce monthly report, KPI’s and scorecard.||Monthly: These are forwarded to the consultant and SCP contract manager and discussed in customer workshops.|
To identify areas where additional cost can be saved.
Ongoing: Liaise with the consultant and SCP contract manager in this regard.
Fleet Management: Review Fleet KPI’s
Daily /Weekly / Monthly.
Fleet Management: Monitoring of Vehicles reporting
Ad hoc consulting and assisting with strategic optimization initiatives.
- The focus of this job is on achieving results that will create hard and soft benefits for the customer. Daily functions are initially for the most part repetitive, but new and creative ways should always be sought out in order to achieve additional benefits.
- Self-assurance and the confidence to purposely drive towards results while constantly problem-solving and engaging the commitment of others is essential. The emphasis on building rapport and relationships with individuals, clients and groups requires an outgoing, poised and persuasive communication style.
- While the job requires the ability to act independently, a sense of urgency and the confidence to handle challenges, a full commitment to the success of the business and high standards of achievement are expected in this position. The emphasis is on results, and effective systems that achieve results through and with people.
The job environment is mostly constant, but it is expected of individuals to always challenge the norm.
|Supply Chain||A clear understanding of the Supply Chain either through study or experience.|
|Communication||Clear and definite communication ability with regards to clients, drivers and superiors (written and verbal).|
|Computer literacy||An intermediate knowledge of Excel, Word.|
|Data analysis||Ability to manipulate and understand data.|
|As this is an entry level position either one of the following is required: 3 years’ experience within the distribution industry or a degree within Engineering or Logistics.|
|Exposure and intermediate understanding of Microsoft and relevant programs.|
- B. Com (Logistics), Road Transport Diploma, BSc Engineering.
|Pro-actively involved in problem solving.
Organized individual, work within specific boundaries.
|Medium paced environment.
|Understanding business processes & development solutions.|
- Results Focus.
- Idea generation, innovative and creative problem solving.
- Rapport and relationship building focused on achieving results.
- Attention to detail.
- Problem solving orientation.
- Collaborative decision-making.
- Well thought out & planned decision making.
|DELEGATION AND LEADERSHIP STYLE|
|Individual with a strong personality that are a team player.
Working within a team focused on specific results
- Extroverted, confident, enthusiastic, persuasive.
- Influences, stimulates others to action.
- Clear & defined communication both internally & externally.
- Collaboration focused on results.